Traditional Easter Mushroom Soup
Serves: 4 – Prep: 35 Minutes – Cook: 30 Minutes
Veganized traditional Greek Easter Soup
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup olive oil
- Fennel (optional)
- 2 lettuces
- 500 gr. white mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. chickpea flour
- 2 fresh artichokes (optional)
- 1 shot of white wine
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 lemons (juice)
- 1 tbsp tahini or niseste
How it is made
- Saute the mushrooms on the frying pan with a cup of olive oil and as soon as they are sautéed, add the spring onions and the dried onion.
- Add the artichokes, chopped together with one tablespoon of chickpea flour. Quench with wine, add the almond milk and the lemon juice. Boil for a quarter.
- Then add the lettuce, (after we have previously washed and chopped them) and cover them with water until all of our ingredients are covered (about 1 glass).
- In a small bowl, beat a lemon juice with a tablespoon of tahini or simmer until it will become like a cream.
- Once the artichokes are cooked (about 20 minutes), add the lemon zest and tahini / niseste and let it boil a little more until our mushrooms are cooked (at the same time we shake the pot slightly, to go everywhere) – about 5- 10 minutes.
- Serve with lemon slices and dill optional
Bon appetite and a happy Easter!