Traditional Patmian Cheese Pies
Serves: 10 – Prep: 35 Minutes – Cook: 30 Minutes
We’ve given traditional cheese pie from Patmos, in its vegan edition.
Cheese from sunflower seeds
1 glass of organic sunflower seed
1-2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
1 lemon (juice)
1 cup sunflower oil
3 spring onions
a little dill
2 tbsp. chickpea flour
1 tbsp. almond milk or water
1 tbsp. grated flaxseed
A little turmeric for color
Sunflower seeds’ cheese that we made before
2 tbsp. flour optional
1 tbsp. baking powder
Dough for pies
1 glass White wine
1 glass sunflower oil
1/2 kg of flour or 1/2 kg of flour (whatever you want) + 1 tbsp. baking powder
How it is made
- Soak the sunflower seeds in water for 1 hour.
- Strain it and rinse it a little.
- Put it in the multi, add 1-2 tablespoons of dry yeast, salt, pepper and paprika if you want and add the sunflower oil. Beat well until it melts and becomes like a cream.
- If it is a little tight, add a little warm water.
- If you want to eat it plain, add herbs such as garlic, dill, mint or whatever you want.
- Knead all the ingredients together until it becomes a pliable, soft dough.
- We spread our dough on the individual tart forms (traditionally) -after we have oiled them with a little corn oil- or if we don’t have molds, we make them like individual cheese pies.
- Add the filling to the middle of our mold (or for the pies 1 tbsp filling) and pour a little paprika on top.
- Bake in the air heater, at 180 degrees for 30 ‘until golden brown. Let them cool a bit and remove from the mold.